Fully updated for C# 4.0 and Visual Studio 2010, this eBook contains 28 chapters of detailed information designed to provide everything necessary to gain proficiency in the C# programming language and Visual Studio development environment.
The ebook begins with a detailed overview of the C# development and runtime environment including overviews of the Common Language Infrastructure (CLI), Common Intermediate Language (CIL) and Virtual Execution System (VES) followed by simple step by step guides to creating both Windows and console based C# applications.
A number of subsequent chapters are dedicated to the fundamentals of the C# programming language, covering variables, constants, operators, flow control, looping and object oriented programming (including areas such as inheritance and abstract classes). Later chapters focus on issues such as manipulating and formatting strings and working with arrays and collection classes.
Once the basics of the C# language have been covered the book then focuses on the design of GUI based applications using C# in conjunction with Visual Studio. Topics include the design of key GUI elements (such as forms, toolbars and menus) and a detailed overview of event handling in GUI based C# applications.
The two final chapters of the book are dedicated to the topic of drawing graphics in C#, including the use of bitmap images to create persistent graphics.
On completing this C# eBook it is intended that the reader will have gained a firm knowledge foundation on which to begin developing complex C# based applications.
This purchase includes the eBook in both PDF and ePub formats.
Product DetailsPage Count: 155
Page Size: 8.50 x 11.00
Format: ePub and PDF
- The C# Language and Environment
- A Simple C# Console Application
- Creating a Simple C# GUI Application with Visual Studio
- C# Variables and Constants
- C# Operators and Expressions
- C# Flow Control Using if and else
- The C# switch Statement
- C# Looping - The for Statement
- C# Looping with do and while Statements
- C# Object Oriented Programming
- C# Inheritance
- Understanding C# Abstract Classes
- Introducing C# Arrays
- C# List and ArrayList Collections
- Working with Strings in C#
- Formatting Strings in C#
- Working with Dates and Times in C#
- C# and Windows Forms
- Designing Forms in C# and Visual Studio
- Understanding C# GUI Events
- C# Events and Event Parameters
- Hiding and Showing Forms in C#
- Creating Top-Level Menus in C#
- Creating Context Menus in C#
- Building a Toolbar with C# and Visual Studio
- Drawing Graphics in C#
- Using Bitmaps for Persistent Graphics in C#