In 2009 Microsoft introduced the highly anticipated Hyper-V virtualization technology. Hyper-V is supplied with the Hyper-V Manager for performing basic administration tasks. For full scale enterprise level virtualization infrastructure management, however, the Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) 2008 is the tool of preference.
VMM 2008 Essentials is an eBook dedicated to providing a detailed overview of the installation and subsequent use of VMM 2008 to perform a wide range of administration tasks on Hyper-V based virtualization environments. Topics covered include an overview of the VMM 2008 architecture, the installation of the various VMM components, the creation, management and migration of virtual machines, virtual machine template management, configuration of self-service portals, physical to virtual (P2V) conversions, user role management and much more.
Each topic area is accompanied by step-by-step tutorials that bring theory into practice.
Product DetailsPage Count: 110
Page Size: 8.50 x 11.00
- VMM 2008 Components
- VMM 2008 Architecture and Port Usage
- VMM 2008 System Requirements
- Installing VMM 2008 Components
- A Guided Tour of the VMM Administrator Console
- Managing Hosts with the VMM Administrator Console
- Creating and Managing VMM 2008 Virtual Machine Templates
- Managing Virtual Machines with the VMM Administrator Console
- Managing VMM 2008 Library Servers
- Performing Physical to Virtual (P2V) Conversions using VMM 2008
- Converting VMware Virtual Machines to Hyper-V using VMM 2008 V2V
- Understanding and Configuring VMM 2008 User Roles
- Deploying a VMM 2008 Self-Service Portal